Upcoming Productions

  • August 11 - Dusk Dash @ Swope Park (Night MTB Ride)

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Halcyon Holiday Gravel Grinder wrap-up and next production...

WOW! What an absolutely awesome turnout! 20-25 people came out to tackle some gravel south of Lawrence, Kansas, USA. A big group held together most all the ride, and the sun finally decided to come out from behind the clouds at the end of the ride. A perfect 5-10 mph south wind wasn't cold, but wasn't warm going in to it or getting the cross wind, but it sure was nice going back to Lawrence from Baldwin. And how'd you guys like 1750 road after the overlook point? :) It's one of my favorite parts at least.

I was so psyched I got to share that route with everyone that came out...even though I need to work on my directional cues and even though I got dropped on my own ride :) We did have some good exploration, including a little "freeway" ride on the freshly graded dirt of the brand new highway 59. That was an unexpected treat. Sorry I wasn't there to clarify the "dead end" /gated road near the end...It's a very fun B-road through the future (way future) lawrence wastewater treatment plant. If you rode it great! if not, oh well.

john williams has sent me some photos already, I will get them up as soon as I figure out this macbook software a little more...if you have anymore e-mail them to me, bscm8 (at) umkc (dot) edu

The next event I'll be hosting is this:

GRAVEL BETWEEN THE LAKES
Metric Century Gravel Grinder
Lawrence, KS, USA
Saturday Jaunary 15, 2011
9:00 am
Starts and ends at Sunflower Bike, 8th and Mass
FREE PARKING in the garage at 10th and New Hampshire
Map here: http://www.mapmytri.com/routes/view/26179510
If you thought yesterday had some climbing, you better bring your legs in January. Gravel hills north of Lawrence are nastyyyy.

See you all on the gravel again soon! Don't forget about our local series!

No comments:

Post a Comment